The Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB) is seeking an interested member of the public to serve as a Public Representative on the board. The role of the public representative is to provide the board, its committees, and members of the public, a non-pharmacy perspective and an understanding of consumer issues as they relate to pharmacy and health care in our Province.
It is desired that the Public Representative have:
- An interest in health and welfare and are generally well-informed on health matters
- Previous committee or board experience
- Time to devote to the role and to become knowledgeable about the pharmacy profession
- Volunteer or work experience that demonstrates acting in the public interest
- General knowledge of self-regulation
Public Representatives are generally appointed to the board for a three year term and are required to attend meetings throughout the year. As this is a volunteer position, only expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in becoming a public representative, please complete the application form and email it to email@example.com, fax it to (709) 753-8615 or send it by mail to 488 Water Street, St. John’s, NL A1E 1B3